The lending periods for items and their renewals are determined by the lending library. This varies with each item. If you intend to renew an interlibrary loan item, please keep in mind the following policies:
- Items may be renewed within 7 days of the due date.
- Overdue items may not be renewed.
- Renewals are confirmed or denied via email typically within the next 1 to 3 business days. If you do not receive an email within 3 business days, please contact Jennings Library ILL.
- Renewal is not guaranteed. Renewals are granted at the discretion of the lending library, not Jennings Library. If your renewal is denied, please submit another request for the item so that we may obtain it from another library, rather than returning the item late.
- Renewal periods vary by lender. The average renewal period is 3 weeks.
To Request a Renewal
Please follow these steps:
- Log in to your Jennings ILL account
- Click Request ID number
- Click Renew button
- You will be given a temporary due date until the lender responds to the request. You will be notified via email once a response is received.
Please note: If the item says "No" in the Renewals Allowed? field, you will not be able to request a renewal and must return the item by the due date.